Sunday, April 5, 2015

Easter and Growing, Growing

Sorry for the missed week.  Life has gotten really busy since I have started back at work.  We are trying to find the balance between work, hospital and home.  As we settle in our new routine with me going back to work.  It makes for some really long days, yet I go to work in the morning and I have a nice coworker that is willing to take me to the trax station that is near by after work.  I have about an hour ride to get up to Children's so I get there about 6:00 to spend the evening with Emily.  Later Blair joins me and we leave the hospital to start over the next day around 9:00.  Some times we get visitors that come. This week my parent came and Emily's Papa held her for the first time.















With Emily we have been able to learn how to do most if not all of her cares.  It is nice when we get a nurse that doesn't try and take over caring for her.  We have loved seeing her grow.  Ending this week Emily is 2 months old today.  She is weighing 4.7 pounds and 17.5 inches long. 


This week Emily also started eating out of the bottle.  She was able to try about 2-4 times a day with about 10 ml in the bottle at a time.  She did better with some attempts then others.  We did find that the more awake she was the better she seems to do, which in some cases harder for her to do as she is still really sleepy most of the time.













The biggest event this week was Emily's first Easter and to say she made it a good one. Getting a basket from us and the Hospital.  I also worked hard these last two weeks to make our families Easter outfits.  We loved dressing Emily up and everyone that saw her today thought she was the cutes thing.
Emily's Easter



Do I have to wear the dress
Family's Easter




No comments:

Post a Comment