Sunday, March 22, 2015

Big Girl Crib

The big news this week is Emily got move to her big girl crib.  When Blair and I walked into her room on Tuesday we were surprised to see Emily's isolet gone and a big open crib put in its place.  They decided that she was maintaining her temperature really good so that day they moved her to an open crib.  It makes life so much easier to pick her up and help take care of her when I am up seeing her.  What is also does is make her look small compared to the big crib.




On Wednesday, she was also put on new breathing cannulas.  She is no longer sporting her white mustache, but you can actually see her face.  This is because she has moved down in how much flow support she is needing down to 1ml flow pressure.  With this change in support they told me I could start trying to breastfeed her.  It was such a shock that I was scared to try most of the week.

Our little burrito

This week we have also started to give Emily full baths.  We thought she would really like being in the water, for when we did her sponge baths she was really relaxed with not needing extra oxygen.  Boy were we wrong, the moment I put her in the tub she kicked her feet against the edge of the tub trying to get out.  We tried again a few days latter and she did a lot better and loved setting in the water.  She still didn't like being washed, but maybe that will come.



On a said note, I went back to work this week.  Which means we only get to see Emily in the evenings and it make for really long days.  I go to work and then I have to ride track to the hospital.  It is nice to have track there even though it makes the trip an hour long instead 30 minutes.  Work was good and I was able to get right back into the swing of teaching.  Everyone at work was also excited to see me came back and all is great. 

No comments:

Post a Comment