Monday, May 11, 2015

Exhaustion and Sickness

I am sorry that I have not up dated in the last three weeks.  I believe that last two to three months started to catch with both Blair and I.  The week of the 20th Blair was hit really bad with allergies and a small cold.  He took some time to rest in the middle of the week and that seemed to do the trick and he we back on his feet the next day. 

Daddy sleeping with Emily
I was not so lucky.  I fell sick the next week.  Completely exhausted and still having to go to work my cold lasted the entire week.  The down side to this is not getting to see Emily.  Yet I was able to try and get the sleep I needed to recover and by the end of the week I was feeling much better.  My voice was back and I had most of my energy back. 

Blair brought this picture back one day I was sick at home. 
I made this outfit years ago when I was still in school.
I couldn't have felt better just in time as doctors started talking about Emily needing a G-tub.  (and opening that puts food directly into her stomach though her tummy).  They thought it would be the best thing for her to come home on as she as only taking about 15% of her food by mouth.  As it turned out last Friday the doctors got hit with a lot of emergency surgeries which pushed Emily back.  We see this as a blessing know as right after she was given back her food (going without for 6 hour in prep for surgery) she ate every bit.  It amazed doctors for they never seen someone turn around so fast that the surgeon had to come in a few days later to take a picture of Emily eating.  She still has her times of being tired yet she is now taking about 80%-90% of her food by mouth.  Just leave it to my girl to do things when she is good and ready.  With her eating out of the way now doctors started to have the talk of being able to come home soon.


Emily loves bath time!
You would never know
she was screaming 2 seconds before this.

No comments:

Post a Comment